Thursday, August 18, 2011
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Thanks to my friend Erik for this "Top 10" list and a good laugh:
Top 10 Reasons to love being a back-of-the-pack triathlete (written by one who knows):
10. By spending as much time as possible on course, you really get your money's worth for what you paid to register.
9. Plenty of room to maneuver in T1, what with all the other bikes gone already.
8. Never having to endure the disappointment of defeat or the pressure of trying to win.
7. Your finisher's medal: it looks just like the winner's.
6. The respect and admiration of anyone who has never done a triathlon, and the respect and admiration of everyone who has.
5. You are very likely to PR at every race.
4. Making new friends on the run course.
3. You can take the time to smile and thank all of the volunteers, police, and EMS on course.
2. Seeing your friends and training buddies - all the ones who finished already - cheering for you at the finish line.
And the NUMBER 1 REASON to love being a pack-of-the-pack triathlete...
1. You will never, EVER have to contemplate peeing on your bike.
PS--A reminder to those following Triathlon Mom on blogspot: Please visit my Page on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/triathlonmama