Sunday, February 19, 2012

A good day for soup

Yesterday was gorgeous: Sunny with temps in the 50's. It would have been a great day for a run but, since I'd already had two back-to-back days, something I try to avoid now that I'm a "Masters Athlete," (And, no, this is not a status symbol as in "mastering" the sport. haha.) I certainly wasn't going to go for three.

So instead of running on a bright, warm day, I'll be setting out today under a sky thick with gray clouds and temps in the low 30's, trying to stay ahead of the afternoon's predicted snowfall.

It is a soup kind of day. By request, I've re-posted two of my previous soup recipes (Southwestern Bean and White Bean & Kale) on my Facebook Page: Triathlon Mom. https://www.facebook.com/triathlonmama

Here's another one, an oldie but a goodie, for my meat-eating friends: Taco Soup! (Compliments of my SIL, Megan.)


Taco Soup Recipe

1 # Lean Ground Beef or Turkey, browned & drained
1 Can Corn
1 Can Pinto Beans
1 Can Black Beans
1 Can Kidney Beans
1 Lg Can Diced Tom (20 oz)
1 Pkg Powdered Ranch Dressing Mix
1 Pkg Taco Seasoning

Combine all ingredients in a soup kettle, Dutch oven or slow cooker and simmer.
Top with shredded cheese and sour cream. Serve with tortilla chips.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment