Friday, October 29, 2010

Rules of Fitness and Thoughts to Ponder

Do you ever wonder why it is so hard to gain and maintain fitness, yet so easy to lose it?

The inverse is true of weight loss: so easy to gain pounds, so hard to lose them.

I liken myself to the girl in the commercial who stops to eat a donut, then walks away and her backside has transformed into two sashaying sweet buns. That's me. I eat it and it goes straight to my hips.

When you ride a bike, why is it always uphill?

Why are most things that are good bad for you, and the bad things are so good?

Do you eat to live or live to eat?

Do you eat so you can exercise or exercise so you can eat?

Should you exercise to live or live to exercise?

Is moderation modern? Does everything in moderation mean everything?
Is everything in moderation or is moderation in everything?

When did time start going so fast and people start going so slow?

Can you really have your cake and eat it too?

I came across an interesting quote this week--a Hungarian proverb:
"Happiness begins where ambition ends."
Do you think this is true?

And, on Run Like A Mother's Facebook page (a great book by the way) an interesting debate was started:

A woman was training for a marathon. As she was out running in a park a bystander started heckling her and called her selfish. Really? What are your thoughts on that. I know where I firmly stand on that debate . . .

After biking 50+ miles yesterday (uphill both ways, of course) I took the day off!

Happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment