Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Git R Done


Though I hate to admit it, I thrive on stress.

The less time I have, the more I get done. The more time I have, the more I procrastinate--and I am an excellent procrastinator!

Unlike yesterday, when a flexible schedule allowed me to keep putting off my workout, which was only 30 mins of strength training (what I call "gym time") for goodness sake, today's schedule gave me no choice but to get up and get to it.

On days like today, I put my workout clothes on the floor next to my bed so the minute the alarm goes off I can hop into those clothes and be ready to go.

As soon as the kids were on the bus, I was off and running--five miles, to be exact. Though it might have been nice to wait until it warmed up a bit (read: procrastinate), or until I'd had a chance to eat breakfast or pump a little caffeine into my veins, it was nice knowing that I was out there getting it done.

The run was followed by a 1-mile walk to cool down and give my dog a chance to catch up on the day's news. 9:45 AM and I'd already pounded six miles of pavement. Nice!


Gitn' R Done is a great way to start the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment