Monday, November 8, 2010

Put one foot in front of the other


This is one of those days where I keep procrastinating, even though today's workout is not terribly involved or time consuming. Maybe that is the problem. Changing my clothes and dragging myself into the gym for a 30-minute session between checking my kids' homework and making dinner is not very inspiring.

Today is the day I want to curl up on the couch, read a book, sip my chai and not do much of anything else.

Today was a beautiful day. So after a morning of errands and appointments, I decided to skip the grocery store in favor of going home and taking my dog for a walk.


Though my cupboards are bare and I had to settle for All Bran cereal and almonds for lunch, and have no idea what I'll make for dinner, I do not regret skipping the store in favor of that walk.

Likewise, I will not regret getting those 30 minutes of lifting. I just have to decide what I will skip (another load of laundry? 15 more minutes online?) to get myself moving toward those hand weights. Left foot, right foot . . .

Doing crunches and squats and bicep curls is the easy part. It's the steps that come before that--putting one foot in front of the other--that is the challenge.




No comments:

Post a Comment