Sunday, April 3, 2011

Lime and a bike ride


The morning was spent transitioning my oldest daughter's "childhood room" into her so-called "pre-teen room." The sweet lavender bedspread with heart-patterned sheets is being replaced by a lime green "peace" motif. The walls are going from bland white to bright lime green. We've lived in this house almost seven years and my daughter's room will be exactly the fourth room we've painted. Needless to say, my husband and I are not much for home projects; we'd rather be working (out) outside; so that's exactly what we did . . .

After the first coat of lime green was applied, we secured a sitter and hit the road for 22 miles on the bike. A quick protein drink and I was whisking off said daughter to a birthday party where she was to dine at a Japanese hibachi grill. For the rest of us, it was homemade pizza, and then back to the lime green room for the second coat of paint.

Once again, I had to strike 30 minutes of lifting from the day's workout. It seems that when triathlon season begins, lifting weights is the first thing to get dropped. It is my goal this season to continue getting 1-2 lifting sessions in each week. We'll see how that goes . . .

When life gets busy for you, what is the first thing that gets slashed from your list? (Please don't say exercise! ;)

Lime green walls won't be the only lime in my day today; I think I've also earned the kind that goes well with a cold Corona!

Healthy homemade pizzas:

Boboli Whole Wheat Pizza Crust
2 T. olive oil
1/2 t. or 1 clove minced garlic
2 c. low fat mozzarella
Toppings of choice (I like to load mine with veggies: onion, black olive, mushroom and spinach are my favorites)
Cook for 10 minutes at 450 degrees
Serve with Corona and lime.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment