Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I'm on a ride and I want to get off


Oh, fertheluvvaPete.

I just had to steal that from a Facebook pal. (Thanks, David.) Those words are perfect for how I'm feeling right now.

Here's an even better one: "I'm on a ride and I want to get off. But they won't slow down the roundabout."--Duran Duran. That about sums it up.

I will spare you the whining (as much as possible) and simply say that I spent the day on a field trip with fourth graders to Annapolis for a walking tour of the city. Somewhat interesting and I am glad I had the opportunity to go with my daughter, but it was exhausting.

Then it was straight home from school with all the kiddos in tow to begin the daily witching hour activities of unpacking, snacks, homework and dinner before heading out for a 25-mile ride. Another one of those days where I was gone from 8:30 AM until 8:30 PM, with the exception of 2.5 witching hours in-between.

Needless to say, I got no work done, no bills paid, no groceries stocked and 3 loads of clean laundry are folded but still covering my bedroom floor, waiting to be put away. Now it's after 10 and I'm off to make the donuts. I mean, pack the lunches.

Somewhere along the line I've got to get off this ride and get some more rest.

Today's workout:

Walking: 2+ hours

Cycling: 25 miles

Fuel: Not enough of the good stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment